EPCS is committed to providing safe, reliable power to our customers – and this sometimes requires that we build and/or upgrade the electric facilities. In addition, we have an obligation to ensure that our transmission system complies with federally mandated criteria. This includes the maintenance of transmission right of ways, the strip of land EPCS purchases from property owners to install the lines and equipment necessary to deliver electricity.
EPCS worked at an extensive network of more than 6,000 miles of high-voltage power lines, called electric transmission lines. These power lines help ensure a continuous, reliable flow of electricity from generating stations to our customers and neighboring utilities. EPCS has electric transmission projects under way to help ensure customers have the power they need.
EPCS is specialized in offering Turnkey Engineering, Procurement and Construction Solutions for Single Circuit, Double Circuit and Multi Circuit Transmission Lines of various voltage ratings in India and Overseas. The division has completed multiple Overhead High Voltage Transmission line (OHTL) projects in India and overseas and the following are the various activities performed by our Transmission line Project division.
Turnkey Engineering, Procurement and Construction
- Survey of line route and design of tower foundations
- Supply of all required Line Materials (Tower Parts, Conductor, Earth wire, OPGW, Insulators, Hardware Fittings etc)
- Stub Setting and Installation of foundations
- Erection of Towers
- Stringing of power Conductors and Earth wire under controlled tension with tensioner and puller machines.
- Stringing of OPGW under partial line shut down on live line condition.
- Fixing of all accessories for a transmission line.
- Testing and Commissioning.
- Supply and Erection of Monopoles for Transmission Lines
- Transmission Line Maintenance Services-Offline Condition